Monday, March 12, 2012

The Smell of Rain...

Today my thoughts are on the simple things, the things we take for granted.  One of my favorite things in the world is the rain.  It brings a feeling of refreshment and new beginnings to my soul.  I love the sound of rain, the smell of rain as it pours and when its over.  I love that it brings back to life all the flowers, trees, plants, etc that are craving water.  I love dancing in the rain when I'm all by myself or with my husband.  Rain is extremely romantic and calming to my spirit.

As much as I love the rain, it also reminds me constantly of the importance of balance.  To much rain is not a good thing, then again, to much of anything is not a good thing.  Without a proper balance things around us are destroyed, often beyond repair.  God is so gracious to provide us with the things we need in life.  He allows us freedom of choice and at times we indulge even in the good things.  We sometimes sit back and have to say "Ugh...that was so good, but I ate waayyy to much".

Today I want to encourage you to stop long enough to notice the simple things, like the rain.  Enjoy the warmth of the sunshine, the sound of water running, the miracle of life in the small overlooked areas of your schedule.  Then write a small note to yourself and post it somewhere to remind yourself of the amazing things around you that reflect the God of creation. Stop long enough to feel the breath of God on your neck and listen to His voice as he points you to the miracles you pass by everyday. He longs for you to not only get through your day but for you to be amazed and truly enjoy the world around you with new eyes.

I leave you with this verse today:

Joel 2:23

Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness.  He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains as before.

I'm praying today that you are in awe of His presence and keenly aware of the little often overlooked gifts he sends you.  May your day be filled with AWE....

Love-B3cky

No comments:

Post a Comment