Thursday, March 29, 2012

More Than You Could Ask or Imagine

I am finding out that when you ask most people, at least in America, "What do you dream about for yourself?" the response is usually consumed with a bigger house, better job, more money,etc.  Don't get me wrong, thats not everyones response nor is it a bad thing.  Some respond that they want children, less stress, opprtunities to just bless other people.  The dreams I don't hear much about are the ones that touch the very core of who we are as people.  I mean I never hear someone say "I would love to experience something this year that changes the way I see the world." 

What if our dreams and hopes were BIG?  I mean really BIG.  What if we decided that the rest of this year we were going to trust God and believe that he has some life changing dreams that are placed within us, but its our job to find them and search them out.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

From this verse we get the message that God indeed has a plan.  Not only is that plan for us personally but it involves our future.  So I guess once we agree that this is what God is saying, then the next thing we have to decide is, do we believe he is telling the truth?  Does God have a plan for me? Does that plan include hope and a future and if so, do I believe he wants the very best for me?

You won't know the true character and heart of God unless you spend time with him.  He longs for you to spend time with him.  Unless you get to know who God is, you won't easily trust him. 
Here is a glimpse of Gods character in Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."  I love that God can out dream us! I love that there is nothing we could ask for or imagine that he can't top.  So then, why arent we dreaming really BIG for ourselves?  We dream big for our children. 

God is a gentlemen.  He won't force himself on us.  He wants us to come to him, have faith in him, believe that no matter what - he always has our best interest in mind. 

Today - Dream....Dream BIG...Reach...Search out...Seek....and Trust that even if you can't see the whole picture, he is putting things together.

Gods kids should be the biggest dreamers that exist because He is mighty!!
Enjoy today  and don't miss Him around you.
B3cky

No comments:

Post a Comment